Monday, May 16, 2005

y is McDonald so popular?

Yesterday i had dinner in Bangalore McDonald located in the happening shopping mall Forum. There was a bright reddish borad at the entrance stating, "No beef and beef products are served. All the items are fried in pure vegetable oil!" Well, it is India.

I was quite confused to order with the colourful items they have displayed. I could see broccoli leaves peeping out of the burgers and a crispy chicken stuff. There was a tempting fish burger too. Well. I went ahead with Mc special chicken burger combo that comes with french fries and coke.

What I enjoyed while dinning was the chat with my friend. I found no taste in burger and chicken stuff even after squeezing two sachets of ketchup. Finished the plain and bland burger, forced itin to my stomach with coke.

While coming out, I noticed the long queue in the counter..............I felt void looking at the crowd going to subjacate the burgers and shakes . But why is it so popular?

8 comments:

Sundar said...

Well...the Iced tea didn't have any Ice or tea gflavour in it. Why do people like it...well they think cooking at home is boring and eatin at Mac's is as good as being in heaven (read US). I know I am rude, but then I am truthful...

G.Ragavan said...

:-)) nice comment. I too like KFC and Mary Brown, but for taste, not for brand names.

N said...

I love the McDonanlds french fries!! The sad thing is that the they have very few items in India. You have to eat the same thing for Breakfst, dinner and lunch whereas in the US Mcdonalds they have stuff like apple pie, cinnamon buns and much much more.

Manmadan said...

When i came to chennai last december, I went to one happening restaurent in besent nagar. (Planet Yum..!) . I've placed an order for chicken sandwich ny thinking of dubai stuffs. What i got is tiny sandwich with no taste at all. Paid solid money much more than dirhams, for that. Hmm. Chennai has to boost up in so many things..

யாத்ரீகன் said...

ஹாஹாஹா :-))) everyone is crazy about the BRAND NAME i guess

சினேகிதி said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
சினேகிதி said...

Havu guys watched Super Size me?

sri said...

I read somewhere that they sell not food but conveniance , in places like US , singapore you can find one in every corner. Needless to say , in india the queue is because we are crazy after US brands :)