Thursday, May 04, 2006

Something Funny and Interesting

Something funny and interesting happened a week back when I was on the way back after the regular lunch at office. There are several eat-outs available to serve the different taste buds those have come from various parts of our country. There is one in circular shape and I had lunch there that day.

I got a glimpse of somebody while scanning and walking with a friend. I knew that person. I have met her and I have spoken to her before. Who could be she? Yes. I remember her. She is my ex-manager. She was my manager in mid 2001.

I just waved my hand to her to gain her attention and succeeded in that. She came towards me with a smile.

Regular ice breaking hello statements and “how are you” questions were exchanged. Our last meet was in my previous company and she left that company 4 years back. I am meeting her after 4 years.

She was happy to know I am a manager now. And I asked what is she her, thinking something high with her rich experience. But to my surprise she also joined the company as a manager.

Due to some personal reasons she didn’t work in between and joined this company recently.

Yes. This is interesting news. But what is funny about it?

I was just above the entry level software engineer when I was working with her. My performance was considered and recorded very bad her (but my previous manager was happy with my performance). I was told enough moral stories to boost my performance, confidence and what not. In fact my mistake was also there but not to the extent it was projected. I decided to change my project and prove myself and moved to another project where I had to work so hard. I used to leave office around 11PM at one stage. My mom who was in Bangalore was so annoyed with this. At one state my health was breaking.

Again I decided to change the group and did it. Then I planned every step properly and polished my approach as much as possible. And I have reached this level with the grace of Lord Murugan.

Do I need to say anything more?

Regards,
Ragavan

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations and well done

Anonymous said...

"I decided to change my project and prove myself and moved to another project"

Good for you. You have an excellent attitude.

Ravi